Audience segmentation and data strategy
About the client
Century Venues operates, programs and books live entertainment across multiple venues including Enmore Theatre, Metre Theatre, Factory Theatre, The Concourse Chatswood, Manning Bar (Sydney Uni) and The Comedy Store. In addition, the group also produces comedy festivals and other tours nationally.
Century Venues is a very data rich organization that had historically provided event messaging manually to its previous customers. This limited the amount of targeting that could be achieved and the subsequent relevance of messaging to its clientele.
Century Venues sought to review and optimise their current data driven marketing practices for the Venues.
Approach and solution
Zuni has had a long term relationship with Century Venues that was initiated with a project to create a data and messaging strategy for the parent brand and its venue sub brands. This strategy included the identification of:
- Specific messaging requirements and opportunities to customers (people who buy tickets)
- Customers relationships with venues, event genres and individual artists
- Specific functional requirements and opportunities to clients (people who put on shows and events)
- CRM data requirements
- CRM functional requirements
- Parent brand and venue brand relationships within messaging
- Massaging relationships with other Century Venue channels – Social, Websites, Venues
- Technology stack architecture requirements
- Conversion tracking and reporting requirements
On the back of this project Zuni was further engaged to provide strategic, technical and project management support for:
- Selection of appropriate CRM and marketing automation platforms – Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud have been implemented
- Selection of supplier partners for CRM setup, a new website build and marketing automation development
- Solution design with suppliers for the new website, CRM setup and marketing automation development
- Ongoing active management of the marketing automation supplier to complete a fully automated and targeted newsletter email solutions for customers and event specific promotions for clients
Zuni also conducted social media training for Century Venues promotions and communications teams
Century Venues has setup Salesforce to act as a single customer view and as a single content source for all event details across their main venues. A new venue websites that directly pulls content from (where?) have been released. These websites include a client portal which enables event producers to create and upload their own event listings on Century Venue websites.
Fully automated and targeted newsletter content have also been delivered. These inform customers of the most appropriate events that match their profiles (as stored in Salesforce) at the venues they have relationships with. Customers will also be able to manage their email and event genre preferences through a customer preference centre.
Event producers (clients) are able to target relevant customers from CVs broader database to further market their specific events as well as elect to create additional look-a-like audiences on Facebook and Google. This process is fully automated through a client marketing portal directly accessed by the clients themselves.